Saturday, April 29, 2006

Far Better

From Philippians 1

21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. 23I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.


Was listening recently to Mark Dever's overview sermon on the book of Revelation, and it is such a good reminder to be looking forward to what the the future will bring. He explains that instead of being worried by it, as Christians, we have much reason to be excited.

I long for the day when I will finally be able to see God, the only One who is deserving of our affections. This is a truth that is just beyond my comprehension--that one day, my/our utmost desire will be met completely and continuously for eternity. Any joy or satisfaction I know now from the gifts God gives is only a taste of what is yet to come.

O, Lord, that you would make this desire stronger! Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

No comments: