Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Do you not yet understand?

From Mark 8

14Now they had forgotten to bring bread, and they had only one loaf with them in the boat. 15And he cautioned them, saying, "Watch out; beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod."[b] 16And they began discussing with one another the fact that they had no bread. 17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why are you discussing the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18Having eyes do you not see, and having ears do you not hear? And do you not remember? 19When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?" They said to him, "Twelve." 20"And the seven for the four thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?" And they said to him, "Seven." 21And he said to them, "Do you not yet understand?"


Reading this, my heart was cut right through--I could see myself in the disciples. The Lord was addressing the disciples' hearts and all that they can think of is their stomachs. The Savior asks, "Do you not yet understand?" I worry about not having or even not having enough, or that God's goodness will pass me by. Patiently, the Lord reminds me of the basketfuls of undeserved provisions he has blessed me with in the past. "Do you not remember?"

Lord, help me to never forget and trust completely in you.

5 comments:

lightman said...

hi rhea. i am okay. medyo ngarag dahil sa dami ng work. as in. hay.

polaris said...

*sigh*, i know how you feel bro. lets keep each other in prayer.

slither dude said...

ganyan talaga tayo eh... ang kukulit ;p

K said...

Hello.. hello... this is K speaking, hello may I speak to Polaris.. ? hello...

*after the beep*

oppps, answering machine baka nasa bakasyon siya.

How are things?

polaris said...

hi slither. hi k. :) things are going well. pretty busy, but i can't complain. God is so merciful to me. hoping to be able to write about that soon.