Friday, August 25, 2006

Prone to Wander

The newly installed rss reader on my desktop makes a ding! sound and pops up a small rectangular box at the bottom right corner of my monitor.

Ding!

"File transfer notice: Uploaded file."

Ding!

"Message notice: Meeting rescheduled."

Given that I have the distraction level of a goldfish, if I reacted to every single notice on my screen, I'd have 20 windows open in 20 seconds.

My heart is much like my mind. It can flutter from one thing to the next--from worry to joy to doubt to faith... As much as I want to be constantly trusting God, consistently seeking him, the truth is until that day my passions are always going to be divided. What hope do we now have if we desire to give our lives wholly to God today? The promise that this God who deserves our affections is the same God who gathers our wandering hearts into His fold of grace.

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, oh, take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
- from "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

8 comments:

K said...

Hi rhea, I hope all is well with you this weekend.

sillyserious said...

my fave hymn :)

polaris said...

hi k, hi sillyserious. :) thanks for coming by. i had a great weekend - about 12 hours of sleep on saturday! LOL. btw, i do like this hymn a lot! the cool thing too is that we sing it quite often at church. ;)

wandering storyteller said...

hi polaris! checking in ma'am ;p

Nikababes said...

hey! i tagged you. hehehe... 10things chuvaness...kung may time ka lang. http://alternativenika.blogspot.com

kapihan sa kanto said...

ako rin! i love that hymn :)

Lew said...

Hey Neighbor,
I love that hymn, so true about the state of my heart and the great grace of my mericful Father!

polaris said...

hey wandering storyteller! saw that you moved to blogger too...heheh. cool!

hey niks! will be reading the 10things...;)

hi misha! hi lew! thanks for passing by!