Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The ocean in a paper cup

and don't fool yourself
into thinking things are simple
nobody's lying still the stories don't line up
why do you try to hold on
to what you'll never get a hold on
you wouldn't try to put the ocean
in a paper cup
-Ani di Franco
I admire people who can say things succinctly yet dive into the trenches of common experience. Searching for something you can't grasp is something I think everybody can relate to. I'm not sure what the rest of the song talks about, but I think it's truth that everything in this life can lend itself to the incomprehensible. I think that it is only through God that we can understand (what He allows us to understand).

It's a lost cause, trying to put the ocean in a paper cup, but not leaving it up to the One who has the world in the palm of His hand.

No comments: