Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Writers and critics who prophesize with your pen

I've talked about Bob Dylan here a couple times but I don't think I've quoted any of his work. Not the easiest one to listen to, but he has a way of getting to the point that will make you want to keep straining to listen. I want to say more, but why would I want to suffer the fate of those who've tried to deconstruct Dylan in times past? :)

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.

-The Times They Are A-Changin'
My money comes and goes
My money comes and goes
My money comes and goes
And rolls and flows and rolls and flows
Through the holes in the pockets in my clothes

-Walkin' Down the Line
Buckets of rain
Buckets of tears
Got all them buckets comin' out of my ears.
Buckets of moonbeams in my hand,
I got all the love, honey baby,
You can stand.

-Buckets of Rain

No comments: